Monday, March 9, 2015

Finding Enjoyment in the Workweek

As I wake up to a rainy, cold Monday morning, I notice the time, think about my agenda, and prepare to face the day. Yet, I also notice that I am excited for what today will bring. Thinking about all the “stuff” that needs to get done doesn’t overwhelm me. In fact, I feel energized and motivated.
What’s my problem? Well, I didn’t slip Bailey’s into my coffee this morning, or win the lottery last night. No, I am fortunate enough to find enjoyment in my day-to-day routine, a routine which includes meditation, physical activity, and positive self-statements. The best part is that setting aside as little as five minutes per day for myself and my well-being can make all the difference in how I approach the day, which, of course, influences how my day approaches me...
Read more

No comments:

Athlone IT Nursing & Health Science Building