Friday, December 9, 2016

Why I Won’t Give Up My Day Job: A Nurse’s Inspiration to Write

My communication skills as a nurse are much stronger than my communication skills as a person. In a patient’s room, I can lay out the plan of care, explain the diagnosis, and encourage a discussion about sentiments and feelings. But when the nurse hat comes off, it becomes a bit harder. I’ll admit I have difficulty expressing my feelings, but give me a computer or a pen and paper and I can bring up every thought and emotion that runs through my head. My feelings are unchallenged and remain fixed on the page. Nobody can change, question, or contest them. That is the reason why I continue to write. It has become my catharsis.

Read More on The Nerdy Nurse

No comments:

Athlone IT Nursing & Health Science Building